During the transition from using your @cal.net and @directcon.net account to Gmail, you may want to send an email to people letting them know your email has changed. Gmail can do this for you easily, simply follow these instructions.
Log into Your Gmail account
1) Click on the Gear Menu
2) Choose Settings from the menu
3) Click on Labs
4) Click Enable in the section Canned Responses. Be sure to scroll to the bottom and click Save
Now we need to create a template that will be the response to incoming email messages.
Click Compose in the Sidebar
7) Type in the message you want people to receive when they send an email to your @cal.net or @directcon.net E-Mail address
8) Click on the Small Arrow at the bottom of the page
9) Hover over Canned Responses
10) Select New Canned response you will then be asked to Choose a name for the template, choose a name and click OK
Now we set up a filter to only send this message to those who are using your old email address.
11) Click on the Gear menu, and choose Settings
12) Click Filters from the top of the page
13) Click Create a new filter
14) In the “To” box of the form, enter your @cal.net or @directcon.net email address.
15) Click Create filter with this search
Now when an email to your @cal.net or @directcon.net email address comes in to your Gmail inbox, your the template you created will be sent notifying the sender of your new email address.