What is Zimbra?
Zimbra is a powerful e-mail and webmail system. It is a modern and advanced replacement for the decades-old “Classic” P.O box email server, integrating Email, Contacts, Social Media and shared Calendars, while providing greatly improved webmail and mobile device support. Cal.net has decided to use Zimbra not only to bring its email services up-to-date with the latest technologies, but also to continue to provide Quality Internet Services Wherever You Are. Zimbra has many great features and benefits that will improve your experience.
Web Client (Email viewed in your browser)
• Rich browser-based interface with application features such as drag and drop, tagging and conversation views
• Comprehensive search-based inbox, including within attachments, and saved search folders
• Calendar wizard that finds the best time and place for large meetings within seconds
• Effective sharing and collaboration with friends including inboxes, contacts, calendars, documents, files and tasks
• Calendars with shared free-busy times; compatible with Microsoft Exchange
• Document management through a single Briefcase with version control, check-in and check-out and instant sharing of documents and folders
• Integrates with Twitter and Facebook
Zimbra Desktop (Optional program you can downlad)
• Free Outlook/Thunderbird-like program
• Enables offline access on Mac, PC, and Linux desktops
• Aggregates Cal.net, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, and other POP / IMAP accounts
• Sync Cal.net, Yahoo!, Gmail Address Book and Calendar
Other Desktop Applications
• Synchronization to Outlook 2003 / 2007 with full delegate and offline access
• Native synchronization to Apple desktop applications
• Support for all POP3 / IMAP4 Clients
• Synchronization to iPhone, Windows Mobile, Palm, and Symbian OS smart phones
• Rich browser-based experience for Zimbra email, contacts, calendar and files on any Internet-capable device
Will my e-mail address or password change?
No. Your current e-mail address and password will simply be moved over to the new system. They will remain the same.
When is this transition expected to happen?
We are looking to make it available to our customers on the third week of May 2011.
What time of the day will this occur?
We will be doing the transition between 12AM-5AM Pacific Time.
Am I going to lose my old e-mail?
No. During the transition process from mailserver1 to mailserver2, a process of “mirroring” will be used to ensure that your old mailbox is the exact same on the new system. If you use an email program like Outlook, Eudora, Mac Mail, Thunderbird or any other, the messages will stay untouched as they are saved on your computer.
What about messages that arrive during the transition?
Cal.net’s Spam system holds messages locally until the mailserver is ready to take deliveries.
Am I going to lose my contacts saved on the current webmail?
No. We have created a process that will copy your current Webmail contacts over to the new system. Any contact saved on your Outlook, Eudora, Mac Mail or Thunderbird will stay untouched.
Is the Webmail compatible with my browser?
Yes. However, some older browser like Internet Explorer 6 and older might experience issues. The webmail also has a standard(HTML) version for older/slower browsers.
Do I have to change anything on my computer?
No! If you have a current working e-mail account with Cal.net, you do not have to touch any of your e-mail program settings.
To get video and text instructions on how to use the Zimbra Webmail, please visit http://help.zimbra.com/