This is a short guide to configuring your Cal.net or directcon.net Email Account In Apple OSX Mail.
The steps in this guide apply to both @cal.net and @directcon.net email addresses. If you have a directcon.net email address, be sure to use directcon.net instead of cal.net wherever you see cal.net in the guide!
1) Open Apple Mail
2) Click on the Mail Icon in the Toolbar at the top left of the screen, and then choose preferences.
3) Click on the ‘+’ in the bottom left corner of the screen
4) Fill in the fields. Full name is your full name. (be sure to use YOUR email address, not the one in the image). Then click continue. Mail will then try to find the mail server on it’s own.
5) Choose “POP” for the Account Type, Give The Account a description, and fill in the fields as you see them in the picture, using your username and password. Then Click continue.
7) Choose a description for the outgoing server. Fill in the fields as you see them in the picture. Be sure to check “Use Authentication”, and use your username and password. Then Click Continue. Mail will verify the server. If you get error messages, check your network connection, and verify the settings on the previous pages.
8) Verify that all the info in the summary appears correct. Then click “Create”
9) You may get a pop up like the one below. Click on “Show Certificate”, and check the “Always trust panda.cal.net when connecting to pop.cal.net” checkbox. Then Click “connect”.
10) You will then be asked for your computers password to store your choice on your computer securely.
Repeat the last two steps when prompted about the outgoing server certificate.
This was tested and Verified on Mac OSX Snow Leopard